ALERT | CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATEView Latest Update
University Relations Communications Specialist
The University Relations Communications Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing communication and public relations strategies that engage and inform prospective students, current students, alumni, donors, media and the community. This position manages the research, production and writing for a wide range of communications and materials including email communication plans, press releases, publications, annual reports, web stories, and faculty/student profiles, social media posts and website updates. The Communications Coordinator ensures a unified brand presence of the University through both internal and external messaging.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement targeted and integrated communications strategies to engage and inform prospective students, alumni, prospective and current donors.
- Manage proactive communications activities and identify opportunities to advance student recruitment.
- Manage the production and serve as project manager, editor, and principal writer for a wide range of materials and communications to prospective students, current students, current/prospective donors, and alumni. These materials might include but are not limited to: recruitment collateral, alumni, faculty, and student profiles, annual reports; emails; publications; speeches and presentations; recruitment call scripts; and content for school and department websites.
- Ensure a consistent brand message across a wide range of communications and materials.
- Assist with internal communications to staff, faculty and current students.
- Develop and implement public relations strategy to engage and inform media and the community.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with internal and external outlets to improve awareness, investment and enrollment; manage requests for information from media and community sources; proactively pitch stories to media; write press releases; and act as media liaison, consultant and trainer for school staff, faculty and students.
- Website content management system updating.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or a related field and two years of solid writing and editing experience. Portfolio of work required.
Ability to develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders and the media. Strong personal initiative, problem solving skills, creativity, and ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Strong communication skills. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Superior presentation and analytical skills. Skills to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously. Strong networking and relationship-building skills. Attention to detail and accuracy. Good track record in managing projects and working with various team members to accomplish common objectives. Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignments. Proficient in Microsoft Office, (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
Working Conditions / Demands
Must be able to perform essential job functions with or without an accommodation.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.