REQUIRED FOR ADMISSION
Students whose native language is not English must meet one of the following, and in addition must provide scores on the SAT or ACT:
Score of 513 on the TOEFL paper-based exam
Score of 183 on the TOEFL computer-based exam
Score of 65 on the TOEFL internet-based exam
Score of 17 on the ACT English subtest
Score of 415 on the SAT Critical Reading subtest
Score of 5 overall and 5 in each exam area on the International English Language Test
TOEFL scores are valid for two years from the date of the exam. Scores on the SAT or ACT and TOEFL are required. Any student who obtains a TOEFL internet-based score below 99 and/or an ACT English score of 17 or below will be required to take ENG 015 and ENG 016. If a student obtains a grade of A or B in ENG 015, the ENG 016 will not be required.
The Admission Process
1. Complete an application for Admission, or use our on-line application. A $30 application fee should be sent to the Office of Admission as well. Please contact us at 731-352-4030 if you want to pay by credit card. We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover. Or, you may send your application fee by check or money order to: Bethel University, Office of Admissions, 325 Cherry Ave., McKenzie, TN 38201, USA.
2. Next, submit official TOEFL (if you are non-English speaking), and official ACT/SAT scores to the Office of Admission.
3. Also, submit a final official transcript or certificate from the high school (secondary school) you attended. Where applicable, your transcripts must be accompanied by an English translation. Also, you may be required to pay an additional fee if an outside service is needed to evaluate any supporting documents, transcripts, etc. For students transferring from institutions outside of the United States, we require that all transcripts are evaluated by one of the following services:
World Education Services (WES) Course by course evaluation $160 American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO): Course by course evaluation $190 (Use of other services is subject to approval by the Bethel University Registrar.)
4. Next, submit an official letter from a bank or sponsor regarding current finances.
*Once these steps have been completed, an International Packet will be mailed which will include paperwork necessary to apply for a student visa.
5. Finally, you must submit your immunization records. Click here for immunization requirements.
We encourage you to apply to Bethel University by November 16 of your senior year in order to maximize financial aid opportunities and enjoy other benefits of an early admission decision. You may apply for admission as soon as you complete your junior year of high school.
International students out of the country must have all their required documents delivered to Bethel by July 17, 2019 for the fall semester. International students within the states will have until July 31, 2019 to have all their required documents delivered to Bethel.
This will give all departments enough time to issue all paperwork necessary for the student to pay the SEVIS fee, make an appointment with the Consulate in his/her country, receive visa, and make flight arrangements in order to arrive and be in classes at Bethel by Monday, August 19, 2019.
We will notify you of the admission decision within two weeks of the completion of your admission file.
A deposit of $175 will be required to reserve housing accommodations if you are a resident student.
All international students are required to purchase the Bethel International Student Health Insurance.
If you have questions or concerns about immigration matters, please e-mail the International Student Affairs Coordinator, Jane Campbell, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 731-352-6375. You may also contact Shannon O'Mayes, International Enrollment Counselor at 731-352-4031 or email@example.com.
STUDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CHECK THEIR BETHEL E-MAIL ACCOUNT ON A DAILY BASIS AS ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICES (ADMISSIONS, BUSINESS OFFICE, FINANCIAL AID, INTERNATIONAL STUDENT AFFAIRS, ETC.) ONLY COMMUNICATE WITH STUDENTS ON THEIR BETHEL E-MAIL ACCOUNT.
Schedule A Visit
Request More Info