ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE POSITION
• Performs technical services tasks as assigned which may include accessioning new materials, copy cataloging, redoing incorrect call number stickers, editing current MARC records, or other bibliographic material in Koha, troubleshooting problems with materials found during circulation (damaged books, incorrect call numbers, missing barcode, etc.).
• Performs duties relating to the circulation desk (checking out items, collecting fines, etc.)
• Assists students and faculty in location of resources.
• Directs work studies in assigned duties.
• Assists in maintaining the appearance of the library.
• Monitors copy machines and VendPrint interface.
• Answers routine inquiries, and refers patrons in need of professional assistance to librarians.
• Instructs patrons on how to access reference sources and automated information systems.
• Oversees closing procedures and ensures that building is properly vacated and secured at closing.
Marginal Job Duties
• Maintains an atmosphere conducive to study and provides customer service during evening and weekend hours.
• Takes action to deal with disruptive or problem patrons, working with Security as necessary.
• Tracks library statistics as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
• The ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
• Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
• Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of computer applications.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to provide training to staff and/or student employees.
• The outstanding candidate will be well-organized, self-motivated, and good with details.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; related work experience preferred.
• Intermediate to expert level of computer skills, including but not limited to MS Office and basic troubleshooting of software errors.