Staff Athletic Trainer
Staff Athletic Trainer works under the supervision of the Sports Medicine Director and supervises the care of student athletes competing in the University’s athletic programs. Our athletic trainers are responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the University’s comprehensive sports medicine program. All Staff AT’s will also act as a clinical educator to the students in the ATEP. A Staff Athletic Trainer will follow all Federal, State, NATA, BOC, and NAIA laws, rules, regulations and ethical standards that apply. MUST be BOC Certified and licensed in the state of Tennessee. (Or the potential to obtain License if hired)
Under the direct supervision of Sport Medicine Director
1. Prevention of athletic injuries and illnesses
2. Evaluation of athletic injuries
3. Treatment of athletic injuries.
4. Act as a clinical preceptor for the Athletic Training Education Program
5. Providing counseling and education to student athletes.
6. Athletic training administrative duties.
7. Assist with coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for home and away competitions.
8. Supervision, education and recruitment of student and graduate assistant athletic trainers.
9. Recordkeeping and documentation.
10. Work with doctors and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student athletes
All Athletic Trainers must adhere to all established NATA-BOC ethical standards and Bethel Sports Medicine Protocols and Polices.