Student Ambassador Program
Has Bethel’s Global Studies program changed your life? Pay it forward through our Student Ambassador Program.
The goal of the Global Studies Student Ambassador program is to offer students who have recently studied abroad through BU’s Global Studies program an opportunity to gain practical and professional experience in the field of international education by assisting with outreach, publicity, and advising for the various international opportunities that are available to BU students.
Responsibilities and Benefits
Student Ambassadors participate by enrolling in GST 260. Over the semester, you will:
- Provide general office support.
- Advise prospective students interested in opportunities abroad.
- Organize and execute presentations.
- Create and distribute outreach materials.
- Promote global studies at campus events.
- Assist students in understanding the application and pre-departure processes.
- Assist with pre-departure orientations.
- Contribute to the development of BU Global Studies’ presence online.
- Submit a portfolio documenting their participation in the program.
- Earn one credit hour for their participation.
- Document one hour of service each week in the Global Studies office.
- Pre-requisites include a 3.0 GPA and prior experience traveling with BU’s Global Studies program. This opportunity is not available to freshmen.
As a result of participation, student ambassadors will:
- Gain practical, professional experience in the field of international education.
- Develop leadership skills.
- Develop skills in oral and written communication.
- Develop organizational skills.
- Expand their professional network.
- Be able to articulate the value of their own global studies experience to future employers or graduate school admissions offices.
For more information, contact the Director of Global Studies, Stacie Freeman.
If you want to know more about Bethel's Global Studies program, our ambassadors are available to answer any questions and share their love and passion for this program.