Adult Degree Program Application Process
Bethel University has helped many busy adults earn undergraduate and graduate degrees. Our online and on-campus programs allow you to focus on one class at a time while learning in a way that suits you best. Find out more about our programs and apply today.
Adult Degree Program: Undergraduate Applicant Checklist
Use this checklist to make sure you have everything you need to complete your application. You can download the checklist here.
- Completed online application for undergraduate admission.
- Official transcripts:
- A high school equivalency diploma (HiSET or GED) may be accepted in lieu of a high school diploma. A passing HiSET or GED score is considered to be a 2.0 GPA. A special education diploma or high school certificate is not acceptable.
- List all Previously Attended Schools (PAS) on your application, including any academy training or AP Classes. In addition, you must sign the PAS Transfer Credit Policy Document provided by the Registrar.
- The Registrar will evaluate college transcripts for the determination of transfer credit to be accepted. You must report any previous institution at the time of application, or your transcript will not be evaluated for credit toward your degree at Bethel University.
- Training Documents: (i.e., Certificates).
- Photo ID: A valid driver’s license, or another form of government-issued ID (such as a passport).
- Copy of your MMR Immunizations (on-campus students only) (measles, mumps, and rubella) as required by the State of Tennessee and proof of two doses of the MMR vaccine is required of all full-time students (students enrolled in 12 or more credit hours). This proof may come in the form of a doctor’s statement verifying the dates of immunization or a health department shot record.
- Applicants lacking three years of work experience must submit two letters of recommendation, an essay, and a professional resume. Ask your Bethel representative for details.
- All applicants must have a zero balance with Bethel University prior to attending classes.
*Note: there are additional requirements for international applicants and military/veteran applicants. Please consult with your Bethel University representative for details.