Staff Athletic Trainer
The Staff Athletic Trainer works under the supervision of the Director of Sports Medicine and supervises the care of student athletes competing in the University’s athletic programs. Our athletic trainers are responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the University’s comprehensive sports medicine program. A Staff Athletic Trainer will follow all federal, state, National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA), BOC, and NAIA laws, rules, regulations and ethical standards that apply.
- Prevention of athletic injuries and illnesses
- Evaluation of athletic injuries
- Treatment of athletic injuries.
- Providing counseling and education to student athletes.
- Athletic training administrative duties.
- Assist with coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for home and away competitions.
- Supervision, education and recruitment of student and graduate assistant athletic trainers.
- Record keeping and documentation.
- Work with doctors and other allied health professionals to deliver care to student athletes.
Must have a bachelor’s degree, 1 to 3 years of experience in a collegiate setting and be certified by the NATA Board of Certification, Tennessee Licensure
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.