COVID-19 Updates/Return to Campus Plan
COVID-19 Cases | Spring 2021
Updated 4.15.21 at 12:30pm
Total positive includes positive cases through our on-campus health clinic and outside testing.
The Carroll County Department of Health is the official reporting agency for COVID-19 in the city of McKenzie, TN.
Return to Campus Plan
As we prepare to resume classes this spring, the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and visitors, remains our highest priority.
Many hours of planning and discussions have guided the Return to Campus guide for the College of Arts & Sciences McKenzie campus to help us navigate this pandemic. The decisions and procedures are complex ones and are subject to change due to the fluidity of the situation.
Please know that the administration has been working to make the best decisions for a safe semester. This guide doesn't answer everything yet, but it gives us a start.
- The university will have safety and health protocols in place, such as social distancing, face masks, and testing.
- An overarching focus on cleaning, disinfecting, training, and communicating will continue throughout the fall semester and beyond.
- Face coverings will be required in all buildings by students, faculty, and staff.
- Procedures are in place to manage students needing to quarantine/isolate.
- The university will provide educational signage to be placed throughout buildings.
- The university will monitor the current COVID-19 situation and implement changes when necessary and will communicate this information to the campus community.
- The recommendations outlined in this document were developed using the most current information available at the time; however, the existing COVID-19 situation will require flexibility and ongoing university adjustments.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you're searching for additional information quickly, we've compiled the most helpful frequently asked questions below.
Will masks be required?
What to expect for move-in day?
What do I need to bring?
Will I need to be tested?
What to expect for classes?
What to expect for quarantine/isolation?