ALERT | CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATEView Latest Update
Office of Veteran Affairs
Bethel University is here to assist veterans, reservists, guardsmen, active duty service members, and dependents with the education benefits they have earned through service.
This page provides information for students enrolling in Bethel's College of Arts and Sciences.
Are you a veteran enrolling in an Adult Degree Program through the College of Professional Studies? Visit the Military Benefits page.
Applying For Benefits
If you plan to attend Bethel University, you must file an admission application and meet all of the admission requirements. You may contact the Veterans Office and receive the information needed to apply for VA benefits or go to the website gibill.va.gov and apply for VA benefits online. Please print a copy of the completed application and bring it to the Office of Veterans Affairs along with a copy of your DD214 when you register for classes.
Once this is complete and you have registered for classes, contact VA Coordinator Tan-Gee Deem at (731) 352-4012 and request to be certified for VA benefits.
Remember: All paperwork must be completed and returned to the Admissions Office and Veterans Affairs Office before certification can be submitted.
Federal Financial Aid Options
Soldiers may continue to pursue their educational goals with VA education benefits, if applicable, that include:
- Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty (Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- Reserve Education Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
- The Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Federal grants
- Federal financial aid
- National Guard Soldiers may also be eligible for state Tuition Assistance benefits.
Tan-Gee Deem is the school certifying official for Veterans' Educational Benefits in Bethel University's College of Arts and Sciences, Division of Education, and College of Health Sciences. This office will certify under Chapter 30, 31, 32, 33, 1606, and 1607. Ms. Deem will:
- Certify the enrollment and changes in enrollment for eligible veterans and their dependents.
- Communicate the registration status of eligible veterans and their dependents with the VA at the beginning and ending dates of each semester.
- Act as a resource for student veterans and their dependents concerning VA benefits and plans of study.