PA Program Graduation
Applications for graduation must be submitted through your student portal. For more information on the process of graduation, check our upcoming events.
Progression to Clinical Year
To qualify for progression to the clinical year, the student must satisfy all of the following conditions:
- All didactic course work in the PA program curriculum has been completed with a grade of “B” or better.
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 in the PA program coursework has been achieved.
- Documentation of immunizations, annual TB screening, and influenza vaccination is completed.
- Documentation that the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) training is completed.
- Drug screening and criminal background check clearance are obtained.
- Successful completion of all competency skills (e.g., BLS, ACLS, etc.).
- Verification of the ability to meet the technical standards.
- Continued enrollment in a health insurance program.
Master of Science Graduation
To qualify for progression and graduation with the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) degree, students must:
- Follow the approved course of study and satisfactorily complete all courses.
- Complete all courses with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0, with no course or rotation grade below 80%.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all PA competencies.
- Settle all financial accounts with the university.
- Successfully complete the summative evaluation upon completion of the clinical year.
- Be recommended for graduation by the PA program’s PRD committee and the Dean of CHS and approved by CHS faculty.