ALERT | CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATEView Latest Update
Bethel's students, faculty and staff come from all walks of life, with different backgrounds, perspectives, and stories to share.
The primary goal of the Racial Equality Committee is to assist the University in fostering positive, enduring changes in campus culture and existing systems to break down barriers to reach diversity and inclusion.
This Committee will help advance efforts that engage the Bethel community through a variety of campus events that enhance cross-cultural initiatives and celebrate diversity and inclusion while promoting respect for others.
Bethel's Core Values
- Accepts individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, and beliefs.
- Offers opportunities for individuals to contribute to the University and to other communities in a variety of ways.
- Emphasizes human dignity and ethics that are consistent with the Christian tradition.
- Encourages inquiry and the examination of values, self, and society.
- Prepares individuals for the life-long pursuit of knowledge in a complex and constantly changing world.
- LuJodia Bell
- Rachael Brooks
- Dr. Brad Cliff
- Micheal Jasper
- Sandy Louden
- Dr. Jennifer Marlow
- Dr. Jim Scruton
- Black Student Union representative
- Campus Security representative
- Divine Nine (fraternities and sororities) representative
- Emeritus member
- SGA representative
- Black Student Union
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc.
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity Inc.
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc.
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Inc.
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc.
Our Diversity is Our Strength
Here are a few stories from the Bethel community who are contributing to racial justice.