ALERT | CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATEView Latest Update
Entry-level careers are often looking for people with one to two years of experience.
Internship opportunities are the best ways to get your foot in the door and gain experience. Use this time to see if the job is a good match for you, your skills, and professional needs.
Internship Search Sites
Explore the sites below to begin your search for the perfect internship opportunity.
- LinkedIn not only allows you to illustrate your professional experience and connect with people you can also search for internships.
- Glassdoor partners with companies, job boards, and employers to create their internship search results.
- Google is always a great resource to find just about anything. Using quotations around your keyword searches can pinpoint exact phrases. For example, to search for a web developer internship in Nashville, TN type: “web developer” internship in Nashville, TN.
- The Career Services Job Listings page also lists internships as they become available. Filter the job results by making sure the “internship” field is checked during your search.
- Internships.com is a site that consists of 100,000 internship listings from 60,000 employers.
- Looksharp has listings from 30,000 employers and is geared toward internships and entry-level employment opportunities.
- Youtern allows you to interact with mentors, who refer their candidates to internships.
- Idealist specializes in internships and job searches in the non-profit sector.
- Global Experiences has a different approach to internships. Instead of getting paid for an internship, the candidates pay. The benefit of utilizing this site is that you gain genuine work experience in foreign cities. Candidates can choose their internship assignments from 8 cities: London, Paris, Dublin, Barcelona, Florence, Milan, Shanghai, and Sydney.
- Cool Works doesn’t offer internships, but they do offer seasonal employment opportunities in high places.
- College Student Internships & Employment is a general internship search site.
Tennessee Legislative Internship Program
If you are a student looking for an internship in government or politics, click here for the Tennessee Legislative Internship Program.
Applications are due in October and interviews typically occur in Nashville during November. For more information, check out the website or stop into Career Services in VLOW Student Center.