Financial Aid Counselor
The Financial Aid Counselor provides counseling services and processes financial aid awards for students concerning their Title IV and University eligibility.
1. Counsels and advises students and/or parents about financial aid eligibility for federal, state, institutional, and other relevant aid programs.
2. Generates financial aid awards for both prospective and current students; collects and/or analyzes financial data on students to determine eligibility for federal, state, institutional or other relevant aid programs while verifying that we are following the Department of Education rules and regulations.
3. Collects and reviews verification documents to determine Title IV eligibility.
4. Analyzes various system-generated reports such as grades, enrollment status or award status to verify continued compliance and eligibility of students receiving aid under federal and institutional guidelines; notifies students of changes in eligibility of award any alternatives to correct issues.
5. Coordinates and administers financial aid appeals and professional judgements.
6. Performs related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
Must have a high school diploma, GED, HiSet, or technical school certificate in Business or Accounting, or related on-the-job experience. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field preferred.
Proficiency in providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple job tasks; ability to listen and communicate; ability to input and access data. Proficiency with MS Office programs (Word/Excel).
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.