Associate Director of the Renaissance Choir
Under the administrative direction of the Executive Director of Renaissance, the Associate Director of the Renaissance Choir is responsible for all shifts and responsibilities. Incumbents are subject to overtime and callback as required.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
1. Collaborate with the Renaissance Choir Director to accomplish daily activities and success of the Renaissance Choir, including recruiting efforts.
2. Ability to teach vocal parts and arrangements, and have knowledge of music theory and sight reading.
3. Maintain and manage the music library for the choir and keep accurate student records such as tardies, absences, missed performances, etc.
4. Help with supervising large groups during rehearsals, activities, concerts, and travel, and be able to conduct rehearsals in the absence of a director.
5. Must be able to travel and have weekend flexibility.
6. Perform related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
High school diploma and five years of professional or education experience.
Bachelors degree in a music-related field with five to ten years of professional or related experience.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.