Human Resources Specialist
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Specialist manages the payroll process and performs accounting related tasks; assists with administering company benefit programs, which includes retirement plans, and insurances polices for health, life, disability and act as a liaison between the employee and carriers as needed. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist new employees with completing new hire documents and providing information regarding payroll date, deductions and answer basic new hire questions.
- Submit new employee data to all required agencies.
- Prepare and submit all labor and tax reports in a timely manner.
- Process payroll which includes data entry payroll changes, benefit deductions, taxes, enter part-time sheet data, calculate payroll for full-time and part-time employees, printing ad enclosing check vouchers for each employee, sending ACH files to back for direct posting.
- Process payments for semi-monthly and month end invoices.
- Reconcile all payroll deductions with invoices / payments monthly.
- Respond to employee ad student emails regarding payroll information.
- Track attendance and reconcile vacation monthly.
- Assist the Director with administration of all benefit programs.
- Download resumes and organize by position.
- Perform related accountabilities/responsibilities as required or directed.
High School Diploma required. 1-2 years’ experience in human resources, payroll, and customer service skills. Must have good communication skills, solid computer skills and confidentiality is a must.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.