Athletics Development Officer
The Athletics Development Officer is responsible for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of prospective donors for in support of Bethel University Athletics. The position will help plan and execute the solicitation of such funds through grants, in-kind donations, corporations, foundations and individual solicitations. The Athletics Development Officer must be able to work outside normal business hours and attend select events.
- Build relationships on behalf of Bethel University for the purpose of soliciting gift contributions.
- Create individual donor plan for face-to-face visits and other contacts to develop and enhance relationships with prospects and to move assigned prospects to higher levels of engagement and giving.
- Develop a booster club to support athletic giving.
- Complete solicitation reports and other administrative responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Plan and execute travel in a cost-efficient manner, maximizing visits and outreach efforts.
- Work as a team member with the development office staff to develop plans and execute plans in support of fundraising goals.
- Collaborate with colleagues in formulating and implementing plans and programs to increase the engagement of selected individual prospects through Bethel events.
- Participate in college events including Homecoming, receptions, and other events.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS degree
- Ability to build relationships on behalf of an organization.
- Demonstrated professionalism.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A can-do attitude.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.