Bethel University’s College of Arts and Sciences is seeking candidates to work as Resident Directors on the McKenzie campus.
The Resident Director will select, train, and supervise undergraduate Residential Life staff and manage operational functions in assigned residence halls. Provide services directly to students such as dealing with personal issues, and organize cultural and educational programming for residents. Coordinate administrative operations. Participate in the overall planning and management of the residence hall system.
Job Responsibilities Include:
1. Establish and maintain communication with students living in the residence halls through individual contacts, meetings, and discussions.
2. Serve as a mediator/facilitator when necessary to provide resolutions for interpersonal conflicts between students.
3. Coordinate implementation of roommate agreement and community agreement process.
4. Supervise Resident Assistants and Hall Monitors.
5. Work with Resident Assistants to assess student needs and interests; anticipate and promote educational, cultural, social, recreational, and service programs, which are supportive to the residence community.
6. Manage operational functions for residence halls such as key distribution and collection, damage assessment, reporting and billing, maintenance requests, and hall openings and closings.
7. Conduct regular inspection rounds of building for safety, maintenance, and cleaning concerns.
8. Enforce housing policies and procedures in cooperation with the housing office and The Student Log
9. Participate in a rotating 24-hour on-call schedule. This includes being available for emergency situations across campus and working closely with other University representatives to resolve crisis situations.
10. Assist with the resident selection and hiring process.
- The RD must have a Bachelor’s degree or 2-3 years work experience in a residential life/housing facility at a college or university.
- The RD must have strong and compassionate communication skills.
- The RD will be familiar with Bethel University’s The Log and all policies and procedures related to campus housing.
- The RD will be provided with housing on campus and is required to reside in said housing.
Apply for this position
Thank you for considering a career at Bethel. Please take a minute to fill out the following form and we’ll get back to you shortly.