Division of Education Academic Programs
Bachelor of Science Degree
- Major in Interdisciplinary Elementary Education (Grades K-5)
- Major in Exceptional Learning and Development: Interventionist (Grades K-8)
- Major in Exceptional Learning and Development: Interventionist (Grades 6-12)
Additional Licensure Areas
- Biology (6-12)
- Chemistry (6-12)
- English (6-12)
- History (6-12)
- Mathematics (6-12)
- Music (K-12)
- Physical Education (K-12)
- Master of Arts in Education (Degree Program) (Non-Licensure) 30-hour program
- The MAEd program is designed to build on the educator's current teaching philosophy and to enhance classroom skills to form a better understanding of the latest technology and instructional methods.
- Master of Arts in Education: Leadership Excellence (Degree Program) (Licensure) 30-hour program
- The Leadership Excellence MAEd program is designed for practicing teachers who have taught for three or more years and who are seeking the Instructional Leadership License to become an administrator in conjunction with their master's.
Non-Degree Graduate Programs
- Practitioner Licensure Program
- The Practitioner Licensure program is designed for teachers who are on the job-embedded track and are teaching in the state of Tennessee. Courses in this track are required and will give new teachers, without an education background, the tools needed to be successful in the classroom.
- Instructional Leadership (Licensure)
- The Instructional Leadership License program is designed for practicing teachers who have taught for three or more years and who are seeking the Instructional Leadership License to become an administrator. Students must pass the School Leaders Licensure Assessment (6990) to receive the license and graduate. Students who apply must already have earned a master's degree.